Good morning! Here’s a wall full of Nic Cage faces to wake you up today. Shhhhhh no tears.
- The Dark Knight Rises finally gets released this week. I don’t know about all of you but holy shit. In honor, here are the Top 5 Reasons Batman Always Wins.
- You know what? We’ll go one more because Batman rules. Here’s Pee-Wee Herman overdubbing a Dark Knight Rises trailer:
- Somewhat relatedly, Comic-Con just wrapped up in San Diego. We’ll have more on that later but until then, here’s a roundup of the biggest (deliciously nerdy) culture/entertainment news from SDCC.
- It’s monday (womp womp). Get a laugh from the best street flyers ever made.
- Your Awesome Photography Project of the Day: Dinah Freed recreates famous literary meals and shoots them.
- Need to escape your job/relationship/bills/life? Head to 100%-real fantasy camps! Remember space camp? It’s like that but with a corresponding sadness scale. (To be fair, that archaeological research program sounds awesome.)
- Some people have a great memory for those actors appearing in everything. I am not one of those people. If you’re in the same boat (or if you’re not and you’d like to chuckle at those of use without perfect photographic memory), here are the names of the 25 Best “That Guy” Actors from movies.
- Call them spoilsports, call them heroes; AsapSCIENCE tackles the scientific plausibility of Spider-Man’s powers (all I’m hearing is it’s possible, man).
- We’re still in the dead of summer–here are 10 ways to hide beer at the beach.
- Speaking of booze, here are The Nine Healthiest Alcoholic Drinks.
- Crayola nail polish!
- This cat is fucking abnormal.
- Your Hell Yeah Science is Cool Photos of the Day: Due to microorganisms, Australia’s Lake Gippsland naturally glows bright blue.
- The best celebrity calculator out there/your new favorite tumblr, Facemath. Just click.
- Or maybe you’re into a tumblr collection of the latest and greatest in cat gifs?
- And finally, what it would look like if 2012′s Oscar-nominated films had truthful posters.
‘Til next time, keep up the healthy life choices.