Arousal before the Internet:
- Sixty-five percent of Americans believe Obama is better suited to handle an alien attack than Romney; I’m not even being snide or sarcastic when I say this is legitimately awesome and something to think about when voting.
- Photos of cats who hang out in fridges. Why? Because you deserve it.
- Like Beauty and the Beast! But, you know, in the ghetto.
- Yyyyyeeeeessssss. Classic SciFi movie scenes as minimalist Lego dioramas.
(Independence Day, Tron)
- Judd Apatow answers questions from teenagers!
- Making closets out of folding chairs (!!!!) + other ingenius alternative storage techniques.
- Get ready for glamour: artist & photographer Leland Bobbé has been working on a Half-Drag series wherein men are are transformed into queens, half-way. Pretty stunning:
- Creationists just included the Loch Ness Monster in a science textbook, citing its existence (?!) and the fact that it is a plesiosaur (???!?!!) to be proof against evolution because dinosaurs are co-existing (or swimming) with us. No further comment.
- Remember this video this weekend: The Scientific Cure for Hangovers. SCIENCE.
- Ready for another great photography project? Here’s a fantastic one by Mladen Penev called The Power of Books.
- Ten situations where texting makes you a total douche. (You’re reading this on your phone right now in the middle of traffic/in a crosswalk right now, aren’t you?)
- My birthday’s in a couple months. I’ll just leave this gift hint right here…..
- Leave it to Japan’s government to want to create fully functioning gundams.
- We hear the jury’s still out on this one…
- And finally, here’s my favorite thing on the Internet in the last 48 hours, David Fullarton’s mixed-media art project of fictional apologies. They are all amazing. Have at it.
‘Til next time, keep up the good subtlety.