CONGRATULATIONS! YOU MADE IT TO THE END OF ANOTHER WORK WEEK (so far).
- Pretty sure Fun. was ripping off Queen and Lady Gaga stole, like, 12 riffs? Here’s your (amazing) new favorite website, That Song Sounds Like.
- Welcome to the Internet, where the most magical interactions can happen–like oil/wind-power tycoons shutting down pampered-ass rappers in the public sphere.
- The greatest apology note of all time.
- If you watch one thing today, dear god let it be this amazing McDonald’s rap:
- On twitter? You’re either a social media “expert” or a failed writer. Take your pick. (The 12 Sad–but Totally True–Social Network Stereotypes.)
- Your Headline Envy of the Day…
- Interchange in the BYT Not-So-Secret Lair:
Kid A: WHOA, George Lucas just announced his retirement.
Kid B: Didn’t he do that a few years ago?
Kid A: Nope, pretty sure that was just called “giving up.”
- How’d you spend your evening? Oh, just photographing the back of a (totally NSFW) limo in Buenos Aires.
- Your Now You Fucked Up of the Day: Paulo Henrique accidentally semi-permanently dyed his skin green for cosplaying The Hulk, after using green paint for use on submarines and ballistic missiles. …And somewhere in the Marvel universe, Bruce Banner sheds a tear for all of humanity.
- For kids who can’t draw good and want to learn to do other things good too, here’s the official BYT Guide to Art:
- Headed out to see Moonrise Kingdom this weekend? (P.S. do it.) Here’s what your favorite Wes Anderson film says about you. (“Your family, while small, is in no small way dysfunctional, thank goodness, because the worst thing in the world, the worst, would be to have a boring family. Or an ugly one.”)
- Oh hey there, insanely detailed and beautiful murals drawn with a sharpie. You’re looking especially fine today. (Get it? Fine? I’ll pat my own back on that one, thanks.)
- Here’s a new game called Let’s Spot the Secret Service. It’s like a Where’s Waldo of patriotism with less confusion and an obvious answer.
- Feeling low? BAM. There’s always this sparkling People of Wal-Mart montage set to “Sexy and I Know It”…
- Here’s an amazing (and eerie) photo series from 1955 of a nuclear test town, post-explosion.
- And finally, here’s a supercut of every spell from the Harry Potter series, because damnit yes.
‘Til next time, keep up the good witchcraft and wizardry, kids.