Good morning brothers and sisters. Let’s start off on a super weird, offputting note.
- We’re just gonna go ahead and add a happy Bob Ross to our canvas here. Just let me daub some Hippie Mahogany on my brush…
- How much do you really hate Facebook?
- Joss Whedon did an Ask Me Anything on Reddit in case you missed it
- Being a Baltimore Oriole is depressing, apparently…
- But it’s not as bad as playing for the Toronto Maple Leaves, as evidenced by Dion Phaneuf
- Henri the Existential Cat is one brooding-ass feline
- A Justin Bieber impersonator was arrested for molesting underage girls. Now I’m not sure who I hooked up with.
- The Monster at the End of This Book: The Best Meta Kids’ Book Ever Written
- Quiz! Who Said It, James Joyce or Kool Keith
- A sweet letter from Keith Richards to his aunt about meeting Mick Jagger for the first time. Aww, he wasn’t always a detached drug addict!
- Japanese street style photoessay:
Hang a lantern on it. Writer’s term for noting a logic flaw in the script that must be addressed, often by having a character call attention to said logic flaw. Wait, wasn’t the unseen sister supposed to be pregnant and now we introduce her and she’s a thin hottie? Let’s hang a lantern on it and have her say, “It was ectopic.”
- Worth it:
- “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” and other lines from The Princess Bride that double as comments on freshman composition papers
- **McSweeney’s double bonus** An open letter to people who judge my single, post-college lifestyle
“I am 27 years old, and on occasion I still drink until I throw up. In the case I do not throw up, I usually eat twice the calories I normally do the following day. Sometimes I even get drunk during the week. This past autumn I fell down the stairs at a college football game and kissed someone’s boss in front of clients while bleeding from the knees.”
- FIRST LISTEN: Spiritualized’s Sweet Heart Sweet Light is streaming on NPR
- “Just got back from Brussels. Holy fuck was that a sausage fest.” – Marie Curie
- Accidentally left my phone back at the cabin. I’ll catch up with you tomorrow.