Having to work for 15 minutes without Internet distractions:
- Droppin’ some knowledge about the Internet from the Internet while you’re surfing the Internet (WHOA), here’s a brief history of the GIF:
- Is the holiday season starting to stress you out already? Relax with the most awkward moments under the mistletoe… or get more stressed out at the thought of winding up in these scenarios.
- In other awkward holiday news, Olivia Newton John and John Travolta recorded a new Christmas single with one of the worst music videos ever made. Why, why, WHY does this exist?
- Meanwhile, in Canada,a monkey in a winter coat escapes in an IKEA…
- UFO conspiracies, Space God, and laying eggs: eight of the weirdest predictions for the end of the world.
- Speaking of which, here’s an apocalypse-ready holiday gift guide.
- ***BONUS APOCALYPSE LINK*** Here’s John Hodgman with a handy dandy apocalypse survival guide:
- And in None of Us Will Ever Be This Awesome News, here’s a segment on Alex Honhold, the world’s greatest freeclimber. Read: no ropes, no safety nets. Just watching this made me nervous.
- How to Hack Chipotle: all the burrito pro moves to get the best bang for your buck.
- And to work off all that double meat (without the extra $$$), why don’t you try one of these obscure sports, you know, like cheese rolling?
- There’s a TV prequel to Hitchcock’s Psycho coming out in March and its creators want your help in making the opening credits:
- Here is Lena Dunham’s $3.7 million book proposal
- Where the world of whimsical, flighty girls meets sex workers: The Manic Pixie Prostitute… (no really, this is great.)
- Manic Pixie Sex Study: a new find suggests 30 percent more couples climax when wearing socks. Quirky!
- Your Thought-Provoking Photo Essay of the Day just arrived: Michael Wolf’s incredible “The Real Toy Story,” photos of Chinese workers in toy factories.
- And finally, in case you were wondering, here’s how to make a burning fireplace ugly Christmas sweater. Intenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeokhereitis:
‘Til next time, keep up the fond farewells.