Hey, so…. unless you are foreign (what’s up!) or believe that voting in DC makes no difference, you will be/should be voting tomorrow. And while, apparently, it is hugely illegal to pay people—whether with money or something else—to vote, the beautiful, consumerist world of America has rallied to offer you all sorts of incentives to vote/wear your “I VOTED” sticker.
Here is a brief rundown of those, in case you needed them, you know, in one handy spot:
- VIA DCist: On Election Day, people arriving at California Tortilla with one of those stickers can get a free taco, while those going to Z-Burger can get a free hamburger.
- VIA WE LOVE DC: Shake Shack in Dupont Circle has partnered with Rock the Vote to offer “Shack the Vote”. On November 2nd, the burger mecca will be setting up a Pledge to Vote table, where you can pledge to rock it while also receiving a coupon for a free Presidential Caramel Custard, redeemable on Election Day. #brainfreezefordemocracy anyone?
- Vinoteca, if offering an all-day Happy Hour Party, featuring $5 wine and food specials, if you have the “I Voted” sticker.
- At ART AND SOUL: Each Swing State cocktail will be buy one and get one free if you show the bartender your “I voted” sticker. So treat a friend!
- via Washington Post: SONOMA: Show up at lunch with an “I Voted” sticker and receive a free dessert.
- via Yahoo: WHITE CASTLE: FREE small Sweet Potato Waffle Fry with any purchase and your “I Voted” sticker. Or vote for your favorite style of fries on Facebook and receive a coupon for a FREE small Crinkle Cut or Sweet Potato Waffle Fry.
No word yet re: free coffees or ice cream at places that were swilling stuff around like no-one’s business in 2008 (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts etc) but-we promise to keep you posted. Follow us on @BYT on twitter for constant updates (+ come by our Election Party on Tuesday where 2-for-1 beer specials are guaranteed 5-7pm)
if we missed something-do let us know in the comments. sharing, after all, is the new caring.