Fall is almost upon us–a time to grab those tights and scarves and snuggle up in coats while the leaves crunch under your new leather boots. And with the return of fall is D.C.’s biggest shopping event of the year, Fashion’s Night Out Georgetown (September 6th–mark those calendars).
To get us all in the know, we asked some of our favorite stylish people around town for their shopping songs and favorite fall looks. Up this week is the ever fashionable Holly Thomas, DC Editor for Refinery29, Cofounder of Butler + Claypool, and general style inspiration to the District. Holly gifted us an incredible playlist for dreamy fall shopping and some incredible looks.
Take it Away, Holly.
Prefer to listen on Spotify? Go directly to Holly’s playlist here:
- Niki and the Dove – “Mother Protect”
- LP – “Into the Wild”
- Lindsey Buckingham – “Down on Rodeo”
- The Rolling Stones – “Beast of Burden”
- My Morning Jacket – “Golden”
- Lykke Li – “Sadness Is a Blessing”
- Dusty Springfield – “Take Another Little Piece of My Heart”
- Cat Power – “Sea of Love”
- Kurt Vile – “Baby’s Arms”
- Wilco – “You and I”
And now for some style pics–picked by Holly herself!– to inspire your best fall fashion looks. Like these trends? Love Pinterest? Click on the “In It To Pin It” button below to get pinning.