photos by Dakota Fine, Franz Mahr, Ana Spevak, instagrams by Amy Vong
So, we know it did RAIN a little on the Union Market’s Summer Picnic Spectacular Parade this Saturday but we are SO happy all of you still came out in droves (almost 2000 people through the door!) to check out this awesome new space, enjoy music by Soul Call Paul and DJ Tariq, Christylez Bacon and Evan Lim + slip and slide and eat some of the best summer food in DC.
Remember – Union Market officially opens on September 8th and will feature 40+ awesome local food vendors (+more events coming your way too-like the DC SCOOP ice cream social on August 25th!) and you can like them on facebook/follow them on twitter here to stay in the loop.
PHOTOBOOTH Photos coming your way a little later today but until then, here is a foodie cheat sheet to identifying all the glorious food porn in the bottom, courtesy of our amazing restaurant participants:
- Hill Country BBQ (making Brisket Chomp with Cucumber Salad, Cornbread muffins -yum!)
- Chef Scott Drewno of The Source (2 time winner of Cochon 555, and a RAMMY winner for Best chef in DC making some Asian BBQ just for you)
- Chef Victor Albisu of Taco Bamba (a sneak peak at former BLT Steak’s executive chef’s new restaurant with some amazing chorizo sandwiches)
- Jeff Black of BlackSalt/Pearl Dive (Black Salt just won Best Upscale Casual Restaurant RAMMY award and Jeff Black won for Restaurateur of the Year)
- Special Guest Appearance by RJ Cooper – James Beard award winner, gourmand
- Rappahannock Oysters – just the best
- Red Apron’s FRANK Cart – the finest, finest gourmet hot dogs around. I mean-just look at this snap
- Taqueria Nacional by one of DC’s most beloved chefs Ann Cashion
- Dolcezza Gelato
- Chupacabra Food Truck – TACOS!
- Mie N Yu – serving Miso Short Rib Banh Mi: fried beef bologna, quick pickles, baby greens, spicy mayo, crusty french bread+ Mochi Ice Cream – Assorted Flavors
- Art and Soul – chef Wes Morton is preppin’ some Pork & Cracklin Sandwich with confit cabbage
- Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats – vegan cupcake and kewvin cookie sandwiches
- Reba’s Funnel Cake Truck (OMG-A FUNNEL CAKE TRUCK!)- serving up Funnel Cakes, Franks, Chicken, Floats, Ice Cream, Sundaes AND Parfaits
- Gordy’s Pickles – fried pickles and jalapeno sampler, yes please
- Oyamel – Elote con Calabacitas: Sauteed Local Corn with summer squash, tomatoes, onions, Serrano peppers, epazote and Mexican Crema.
- Boqueria – NUTELLA STUFFED CHURROS
- Captain Cookie Food Truck – Cookies, custom-made ice cream sandwiches (!!!!!)
- Trickling Springs Creamery Ice Cream – homemade, delicious, delicious super premium ice cream
- Peregrine Espresso – with some of the best iced coffees and teas in town
first up-photos by Dakota Fine:
a few instagram memories by Amy Vong:
food memories by Franz:
and finally-a few shots by Ana Spevak