….and they answer only 8. CocoRosie are playing Black Cat tonight and much like every time they come to town we attempt to excercise our extreme crush over them by trying to finagle them into an interview.
Here is what happened last time when Megan tried to get them on the phone:
This time around we sent DC’s favorite violin wunderkind Matthew Hemerlein to chit chat with them and here are the ALL CAPS RESULTS.
1)Your music, style and visual elements borrow from nearly every genre to create something entirely individual. By having such a broad scope of influences, how do you feel this has impacted your audiences own creative autonomy?
2)If you were working in another medium besides music/performance what would it be and why?
I DRAW IN A SIMILAR FASHION TO THE WAY I MAKEUP
THE FACE IS ALWAYS A GOOD MEDIUM.
3) What was you favorite kind of “make believe” to play when you were growing up together?
CAMEL AND SHEIK CROSSING THE DESERT. WE STARTED THIS IN OUR EARLY 20′S.
4) Where have you been finding your latest wardrobe choices from?
CHEAP WIGGS FROM THE STREET, ALREADY WORN AND VERY SMELLY. AND OLD PJ’S FROM FLEA MARKETS, VERY SOFT. WE CALL IT DREAM WEAR OR DREAM UNIFORMS.
5) At the moment what is your favorite song to perform?
6) If you were a triangle which one would you be and why?
ONE MAKE OF CANDLES AND CRYSTALS AND BLOOD AND SMOKE.
7) How do you prepare for new projects? From initial inspiration to a fully realized vision…
WRITING AND DREAMING AND WRITING. THEN JUST JUMPING IN.
8) In the past I’ve gotten into slap fights with my sister (whom I work with) when on long car trips, Do you two ever get into slap fights when words have failed to settle a dispute?
WE SLAP ALOT.
9) Have you been performing “turn me on” on this tour and if so can I play violin with you on June 8th at The Black Cat or any other song of yours, for that matter?
YES AND YES AND YES