It may seem like it’s still winter outside, but it’s time for MARCH MADNESS! Whether you’re a legitimate sports fan or you’re just looking to get drunk on the cheap, here’s your chance. On the other hand, if you want to get away from all this sports stuff, check out our Best Bars Without TVs guide.
- The Bracket Room – It’s time for The Bracket Room’s annual Shot Madness competition, where patrons fill out a bracket of shots and then vote for their favorite on Facebook. Last years winner was the Gummy Bear shot, hopefully there will be something just as interesting this year.
- Lou’s City Bar – Enjoy $15 pitchers of Miller Light or $20 buckets of Coors Light.
- March Martini Madness – Popular Bethesda Row restaurants like American Tap Room, Assaggi, Cafe Deluxe, Jaleo, Lebanese Taverna, Mon Ami Gabi, Mussel Bar & Grille, Parker’s, Raku and Redwood are fighting for the martini championship all month long. Each restaurant will have their specialty cocktail available during happy hour, after you find your favorite, can go to the Facebook group and vote for it to win.
- Penn Social – You already know about the HUGE TV’s they have, but Penn Social will also be offering $3 pints of Miller Lite and $12 pitchers.
- Redline – If you’re the shooting kind, there are a plethora of shots to be had, including $5 Fireball shots and themed shooters like the Triple Threat (vodka, triple sec, lime juice), 4-Point Play (gin, tequila, light rum, vodka, and triple sec), and the Cross Over (SoCo and lime).
- Taylor Gourmet – This is not technically a happy hour, but if you can sneak some of this cheap food into a bar with a happy hour it kind of becomes one! During March Madness Taylor Gourmet will be offering a $79 hoagie box that serves around 8-10 people (depending on how hungry you are).
- Town Tavern – Every game night there will be $10 domestic pitchers, $5 Sam Adams and Blue Moon drafts, as well as $5 burger baskets.
- Ventnor Sports Cafe – UNC, Syracuse, and Michigan have their own specials here. There’s the special blue cups for UNC fans, $3.50 Gennese Cream Ale cans and $4 bottles of Labatt for ‘Cuse fans, and discounted Bell’s for Michigan fans.
- Wisdom – Here the $8 cocktails are region themed, East (Philadelphia Bluecoat gin with housemade tonic), South (Dickel Red label Tennessee with lemon and New Orleans’ Praline Liqueur), Midwest (Dragon Berry rum with Koval Hibiscus liqueur), and West (Smoked tequila and chocolate margarita).