A column dedicated solely to the latest and greatest in affordable alcohol (and food, we guess) consumption news in DC. Never say we don’t love you. A LOT.
NEW KIDS ON THE HAPPY HOUR BLOCK:
all sorts of anniversary specials this week:
- Matchbox in Chinatown is turning 10. So all month there are special. According to the press release: “Each Monday alumni bartenders from the past ten years will be pouring their favorite cocktails and specialty beers, offering giveaways for food, drink, and sponsor prizes. Guests can also enjoy $10 pizzas on Tuesdays and $10 for 10 mini-burgers on Wednesday.”
- DC BRAU celebrates turning 2 NEXT MONDAY @ Meridian Pint – All DC Brau drafts and casks will be $5 all night!
- TONIGHT: Free drinks + UBER rides: Ping pong Dim Sum is launching their new Prix Fixe menus today and as an extra incentive is including a free cocktail with the dinner AND an UBER voucher which is good through Sunday
- $1 Oysters on Mondays – now at Lyon Hall too – ALL DAY TO BOOT (for more oyster happy hour suggestions, check out last week’s HAPPY HOUR HOTLINE)
- DC Reynolds JUST opened their SWEET NEW OUTDOOR patio bar, and the happy hour deal is pretty amazing: 5-9pm, it is BUY ONE GET ONE FREE situation. WELCOME TO OUTDOOR DRINKING SEASON.
speaking of which…
A COUPLE OF BYT FAVORITES TO REVISIT THIS WEEK:
This week, we focus on OUTDOOR DRINKING HAPPY HOURS – yes:
- EL CENTRO DF ROOFTOP HAPPY HOUR – 5-7pm, $4 Margaritas, rocks & frozen, Sangrias Mexican Beers, Red & White Wine. 5-9pm, $6 Guacamole, Tacos & more
- BIERGARTEN HAUS – Monday-Friday, 4-7pm, $5 Franziskaner Hefe-Weizen, Paulaner Pils, Becks Maibock, $5 House Wine (White, Red), $5 Loaded Fries, Hamburger Sliders, Garden Currywurst
- 1905 Rooftop - 5:30-7:30, $4 Cans/Bottles of Beer; $3 PBR Tall Boys; $4 Rails
- LARRY’S LOUNGE - $3 rails, $3.5 draft special, $4.5 Absolut drinks. And the wine is super cheap too.Basically living the dream.
- BOURBON - 6-7:30pm, $3 Drafts; Specials on Selected Bourbons; Cocktail Specials
- VINOTECA-not only are the drinks affordable, BUT there is a plethora of food options for $6 and below
- RNR Hotel Rooftop -6-8pm daily – $4 Rails; $3 PBR; $6 Pitchers; Buck Off Everything Else
- RED DERBY - rooftop. $1 natty bohs and other classy specials during happy hour.
Your recommendations, of course, welcome in the comments (And if you want your happy hour included in one of the future lists/have a happy hour to recommend email us at: happyhour@