Howdy. It’s Restaurant Week. Sometimes Restaurant Week is expensive. Especially if you want to drink. But, if you don’t want to shell out the cash for a $35.13 dinner, why not hit some of the restaurants for happy hour? You can drink for less, try some of the food, and get a feel for the ambiance without spending your entire paycheck in one night (but you should make more than $35.13 every two weeks).
- A&D: according to their twitter feed, this oyster extravaganza is going down tonight at this Shaw favorite, which also happens to be handily located RIGHT NEXT TO the BYT offices (need some extra motivation, check out our Rappahanock oyster story here-DELICIOUS):
- Ambar: This newcomer to the DC restaurant scene has a good happy hour menu. Everything on the menu is $4, from Dos Equis, Tecate, and cocktails to a variety of smalls plates such as grilled bacon-wrapped prunes. A nice little preview to see if you’d want to try their bigger menu.
- Azur: $5 Belgian beer and $6 wine and cocktails plus a few small plates, like mini fish and chips and calamari.
- Del Campo: No food, just alcohol, but there’s nothing wrong with that. $4 beers, $5 wine, and some great $7 cocktails, including their signature margarita.
- DGS Delicatessen: Delicious Jewish deli food AND alcohol. Beers range from $3 to $9, then there’s some wine and nice list of discount cocktails (example: the Shiksa, featuring house-infused apple vodka, lemon, and club soda). The pastrami chili and cheese fries is only $6 and the Rueben is a steal for $4.
- Oyamel: What could be better than $5 margaritas and $4 tacos? They also have the usual beer and wine ($4 and $5, respectively).
- Vinoteca: The happy hour menu is only food, but hey, it’s a discount meal nonetheless. Very fresh, very Mediterranean with prices from $6 to $14. There’s avocado crostinis, cucumber yogurt soup, grilled squid, and much more.
- Zengo: All drinks are $5 and I mean all drinks, from wine and beer to margaritas and mojitos. Latin-Asian fusion food, crispy chicken wings and thai chicken empanadas, ranges from $5 to $8.
Now go to all of these nice restaurants and drink on the cheap!