It’s Time Capsule Tuesday, y’all! You got your Garbage tickets, right?
Gay Icons of the Week: 90′s Music Goddesses
It seems like 2012 is the year of the 90′s-rock-chick-but-don’t-worry-not-the-Lilith-Fair-type revival, and I am beyond pumped for it. If you are a gay man in your mid to late twenties or beyond right now, no doubt (OMG WHO SAID, “NO DOUBT?!”) you are celebrating this. Get your Spotify playlist-making finger ready, it’s time to round ‘em up.
The stars must be aligned, because it’s like I close my eyes and I am about 14 again. Let’s see what we got:
1) Fiona Apple coming out of nowhere this year? Check.
2) Garbage (sorry, can’t !!!!!! this enough) releasing a new album and touring this year? Check.
3) Gwen Stefani finally done popping out babies so No Doubt can actually record an album? Alleged Check.
4) PAULA COLE’S ARMPIT HAIR EXTENSIONS FOR SALE? Sadly, no check.
5) Randomly Google “Shawn Colvin” and find out she’ll be in Alexandria at the end of the month? Meh, okay, check.
6) Sarah McLachlan forming a jug band with her SPCA friends? LOLZ Check.
(pretty sure I’ve put this on here before, but it bears repeating)
7) Saint Etienne, the sweetest, most romantic, and okay maybe borderline old fogie British dance pop group coming out with brand new stuff? MMMM CHECK.
4/7, +1 that I could go either way with = Whatever math is hard. 2012 is so great already.
I know what you’re thinking, this isn’t nearly as comprehensive as we all wish it could be. Look, if I were making my March Madness dream team (is that right?), I’d be throwing in Elastica, The Cardigans, Le Tigre, Bratmobile, and Veruca Salt. But, we can’t have it all. Nonetheless! 2012 is proving to be such a sweet throwback year, right before the end of the world (8 MONTHS LEFT!). Let’s enjoy it while we can.
Anyone wanna come over and watch Daria reruns?