You’ve put in a hard week, so it is time to reward yourself with a weekend…and ice cream. This Saturday, we’re bringing you our BYT Cookies & Cream event at Penn Social. It’s a magical time where carbs don’t count. To celebrate, we’re also bringing you a cream-filled Gay Best Weekend Bets.
- We broke down an Hour of Oprah Throwing Shade at Lindsey Lohan.
- We gave you a chance to win tickets to Janelle Monáe before you can buy them Friday.
- We also previewed the legendary Pat Benatar at Wolf Trap.
- We also asked you for your input into our upcoming fall guides.
- We’ll be hitting up The Most Original Stoli Guy at Cobalt. And if you are still on the fence on whether to boycott a Latvian vodka because it sounds Russian, read our Complete History of Stoli Vodka as Told by GIFs.
- Homo Momo @ Mad Momos is a solid choice.
- Sexy Skill Share Happy Hour at Church & State will be filled with sexy ladies.
- We so want to lick his tattoos. Eric Himan is in concert at Bear Happy Hour.
- Gay/Bash!!! at Black Cat features Pu$$y Noir, Heidi Glüm.
- GlitHERR at Zeba will be saphastic.
- This makes us very sad, but also want to party very much. It’s the very last Backdoor at Tropicalia.
- BYT Presents: Cookies at Cream. This is where you need to be on Saturday afternoon. We have issued a royal decree (since we are a bunch of queens) that carbs don’t count at this event. Jezzibel Jaxknife will be performing, and the place will be packed with people, ice cream, and cookies.
- Rich Morel and Bil Todd team up to DP you with Hot Sauce at the Black Cat.
- Their Jocks vs. Nerds party was a wild hit, so we expect big things from Temptation Presents: Inferno at Howard Theatre.
- Where will we be on Sunday? Where will we be? There is a GLOE Summer Pool Party. Dripping wet gay Jewish boys and girls. Oy…motherf*#king…Vey.
- You can catch a film and talk on one of our personal heroes, and the queer organizer of the 1963 March on Washington with a Celebration of Baynard Rustin’s life at the DC Center.
Just because their not this weekend, doesn’t mean that there isn’t some hot stuff happening the beginning of next week. So, here is a look ahead to get you primed.
- MONDAY – Get It Together, Marvin’s 5th annual Michael Jackson birthday party.
- MONDAY - Ba’Naka’s Double D’s screening of Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion at the Brixton.
- TUESDAY – S-A-F-E-W-O-R-D gay spelling bee at Number 9.
For more on DC’s queer nightlife scene, follow the @BYGays on Twitter.