Hey, hey, hey! It’s all about gay marriage this week! As we suffer through our celebratory hangover, we’ve still gotten up early to bring you our Gay Best Weekend Bets.
- We’ve got a pretty spectacular and epic 4th of July Pool Party coming up
- An important ask: Our friend Heidi Glüm was viciously attacked last weekend for being in drag after performing at the Black Cat. Then, those sick mofo’s put a video of the episode up online in an effort to make fun of gay & trans people. That’s just sick. Heidi is taking legal action, but needs help securing a lawyer. You’d tip her when she performs at Town or Cobalt, so we ask that you drop just a few coins here on the page her friends have set up to help her. Let’s do this.
- We brought you photos of the outrageous 6th Annual Gay Summer Games
- We asked the boys from CTRL to preview their Saturday party with Eight 80′s Divas Still Going Strong
- We brought you a tear-jerking Prop 8 Marriage Proposal
- Our fashion photographer sneaked a pic of Pussy Noir
- We also gave you things to hit at NYC Pride this Weekend
- Oy-Gay! Hunt for a future husband that your mother will love- The 1st Annual Mr. Nice Jewish Boy Pageant at Cobalt. Seriously, we are so excited about this, y’all.
- The bear dance party to end ALL bear dance parties – DC Bear Dance and Video Shoot at Town for Tom Goss’ “Bears” Video
- Picnicking and sangria in the park? That is an instagram waiting to happen. - Jazz in the Garden with Swingtopia at National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden
- Sneak previews of new exhibitions- Hirshhorn Museum’s Summer Preview
- Anthology of Booty teams up with Afropop Worldwide and Tropicalia to bring the undisputed king of bubu to the U Street corridor… Janka Nabay – Backdoor: Summer Heat Edition at Tropicalia
- “Romeo, Oh Romeo, Get Out Of My Face.” – Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival plays 10 Things I Hate About You
- Queering happy hour for all of you in honor of those summer interns- Beers4Queers at Red Derby
- Do some Yoga and have some brunch- h(OM)e. at The Dunes
- Music, games, face painting, and everything that you need from a little carnival… all to benefit a local non-profit- Scrap DC Summer Carnival at Little Loft
- All this weekend you can go down to the mall for tons of events and more Hungarian heritage than you can find pretty much anywhere except Hungary- Smithsonian Folk Life Festival at National Mall
- Join fabulous trans folk of color and womyn of color to claim your own space and form a critical mass in the streets of DC – D*RAILERZ: A Bike Ride for Trans People of Color & Womyn of Color at Malcolm X Park
- An outrageous CTRL time warp back to the 80s – CTRL at Cobalt featuring the BreakfastClub DJs
- Cocktails, food, DJs, and… records – DC Record Fair: The Summer Edition at Penn Social
- Celebrate America (and beer) from noon until 4pm - Drink The District: Red White & Brew at Yards Park
- Drink specials and DJ Dean and the one, the only Pussy Noir – Tiki Tiki at Saint Ex
- A big milestone of 25 years of cycling and City Bikes – Party Like its 1988: City Bikes 25th Anniversary Bash at City Bikes
- The grrrls of DC are taking over!! – OverEasy: Ladies Tea Dance at Dodge City
PLUS: THERE ARE A BAJILLION OTHER THINGS TO DO LISTED IN THE BYT AGENDA PAGES, so use it (to both post your events and search for them) and if you think we may have missed something, comment away–you know you want to.