WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- For Halloween, SoberRide is offering free rides home to would-be drunk drivers through the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (via WJLA).
- Abortion is a serious topic of discussion for Virginia’s state senate races (via WAMU).
- Libraries are closing – BUT DON’T PANIC – it’s only temporary. Chevy Chase and Juanita E. Thornton/Shepherd Park are getting renovated (via DCist).
- D.C. will be getting some rain remnants from Hurricane Patricia (via Washington Post).
- Some guy got a blow job at a Redskins game. I give up (via Deadspin).
- Standardized tests show that there’s a serious achievement gap in D.C. high schools (via Washington Post).
- Did you lose your prosthetic leg? (via Borderstan)
- More people are going on solo dates. Cool (via Washington Post).
- According to a study, D.C. is the second-best city in the U.S. to build wealth. But the metro area isn’t doing too well as far as savable income is concerned (via Washington Post).