WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Could you imagine the endless possibilities of life that could occur if a ride from D.C to New York took only an hour? Maryland officials are working on it with the 300mph Mag Lev (magnetic levitation) (via WAMU).
- Stop looking at obnoxious party photos of people you ironically met once at a party and follow local artists as they show you the next big thing in town (via Washingtonian).
- 6 new murals are going up around D.C and this should excite you because winter is coming and they’ll be the only drop of sunshine you’ll get to see. Thank you artists (via DCist).
- Documents show that Metro rail cars contain asbestos, but before you panic they are saying it is contained in an area inaccessible to riders. Let’s hope that’s true (via nbcwashington).
- You chowing down that jumbo slice at 2 a.m. after a night of drinking helped D.C come in at #6 on the best cities for pizza list (via DCist).
- Some gringo loco wanted to visit the White House with a truck full of unregistered weapons. Great idea dude! (via wusa).
- There’s a new ice cream truck coming to D.C and it will fully function this Friday. Let your inner kid come out (via Express).
- An in-depth report and testimonial about mega club Ibiza was published and features a lot of blood, feud and debt. It almost makes the club seem like a cross between Ocean’s Twelve and The Godfather (via Washington City Paper).