Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- PSA: Did you know we’re throwing an EPIC Howard kick-off party at the end of this month with Underground Rebel Bingo Club, Nancy Whang of LCD Soundsystem and The Juan MacLean?? You did? GREAT. Did you know we’re giving away FREE tickets? Enter here for the most fun you’ll have on a Thursday night.
- Metro’s elusive Silver Line may not have an official completion date but at least it’s got names: McLean, Tysons Corner, Greensboro, Spring Hill, Wiehle-Reston East, Reston Town Center, Herndon, and Innovation Center. The new eight stations along the line are now WMATA-approved, bringing us at least one (or eight) step(s) closer… (via TBD)
- Texts from Hillary may have received the Secretary of State’s approval, but the brains behind the blog decided to shut it down today, citing the meme has reached its timely end. All this makes us wonder is who the next D.C.ist will be to break into the tumblr-meme world….. (via Texts from Hillary)
- BUT it’s okay because HERE IS “WHEN IN DC,” YOUR NEW FAVORITE TUMBLR. Just click, we promise……
- Remember that Dupont meth lab bust back in February? Looks like an Adams Morgan couple got a little too excited about the summer’s return of Breaking Bad, accidentally starting a meth fire in their apartment and almost killing their six-month-old baby last night… (via Prince of Petworth)
(Prince of Petworth)
- What does it take to out-poll Marion Barry? Washington City Paper talks to Gregory Cendana, the man who succeeded.
- A happy Nationals Home Day Opener to you all! And an ESPECIALLY happy congratulations to Heather Downen and Nats third baseman Ryan Zimmerman on their engagement. High fives all around. (Via Revamp)
- And finally, a little something for the gentlemen: The WW Club is D.C.’s newest fashion speakeasy, with some tips on how to look sharp in the District… (via Washingtonian)
(Kate Warren // Washingtonian)