WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- A little boy, who has trouble making friends due to his Aspergers, and a National Zoo sea lion are now BFFs, and it’s so cute, I could cry! I was at the zoo Sunday, and a monkey banged his fists at me…totally uncool now. (via DCist)
- Television says DC is one of only five cities that matter. Reality says DC isn’t even in the top 10 biggest cities. (via Buzzfeed)
- Bikers rejoice! DC plans to add 19 miles of bike facilities to city streets this year. They are still working on lanes that were supposed to be done last year, though, so don’t get your hopes too high. (via Washingtonian)
- A GW student teaches himself code in 3 days and creates a GENIUS app called Shortly. The app judges weather conditions and then tells you what to wear. I feel like I spend half the day trying to think of a new app/figuring out what to wear, and then this guy over here… (via InTheCapital)
- Chef Jose Andres, who is working on his new Peruvian & Chinese fusion restaurant in DC and American Eats at Tyson’s Corner, says he wants to move into the fast food business. I have a feeling DC will be the first to get a taste. (via Vanity Fair)
- If you want to know way too much information about the metro, WMATA released a document for 2013 and 2014. There are some interesting facts, though, like WMATA barely hires anyone from DC. (via DCist)
- It’s cold and snowy AGAIN, and it’s supposed to be FREEZING the rest of February and the beginning of March. Let’s blame this on the groundhog. (via Weather.com)
- Bottomless brunches are dead in NYC because it’s illegal to offer unlimited drinks in any amount of time for a fixed price. Whoever ruined this for everyone sucks, but DC officially wins. (via Jezebel)
…in DC anyway.