Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- It’s still so hot. Good thing TBD’s got a fun slideshow of how DCists are beating summer heat.
(Joshua Yospin // TBD)
- Madam’s Organ of Adams Morgan is applying for outdoor patio permits. (via Prince of Petworth.) For current outdoor drinking options throughout the city, click here.
- Ready to shop this weekend? Check out Logan Circle’s new community market, MEETMarket featuring local independent artwork, fashion, food, and music. (Via Refinery29)
- White House photographer Pete Souza just released some behind-the-scenes photos of President Obama–check them out here. (via Huffington Post DC)
- Are you a visual artist or a vendor? The annual 17th Street Festival is looking for participants to showcase work. Applications and booth costs/specifications can all be found here. (via Borderstan)
- Two-hundred years later, Washingtonian revisits the War of 1812 and the battles that left DC in ruin.
- And finally, Boston Burrito chain Boloco just opened in Bethesda today–if you can get there by 8pm tonight, you can get free burritos! (via We Love DC)