WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Farewell, D.C. aquarium, we barely knew ye (because you were essentially in a basement and charged us money while the rest of Smithsonian’s museums didn’t). If you in fact still have a hankering to check it out, the aquarium closes on September 30 FOR FOREVER. (via DCist)
- What is local, anyway? Washingtonian investigates “eating local” and just what it means to the District.
- And because today is so gorgeous, here’s an interactive map of every rooftop bar in the city. (via In The Capital) [[[Into patios? We've got 'em, rooftops, and some other perfect drinking spots in our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE.]]]
- In sports news, Dan Snyder says the Redskins will NEVER change their name, effectively telling all haters to S his D. (via Huffington Post)
- And in even sadder news, though D.C.’s homeless population decreased since 2012′s statistics were gathered, Arlington’s is on the rise. (via WJLA)
- Are you a musician? Yeah? Sweet. Poet? Rad. Music on the Mall is looking for you to perform. Apply within for a chance to get famous (maybe, probably not) and (probably) get $$$.
‘Til next time, feel free to send us tips etc at email@example.com