Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- ***BREAKIN’*** Sweetlife Festival just announced its food line-up, which includes Rogue 24′s R.J. Cooper, Toki Underground’s Erik Bruner-Yang, plus food trucks Takorean, Jose Andres’s Pepe and moreeeee. Check out the full line-up and details here.
- The Supreme Court just suggested it might try to find a way out of reaching a decisive vote on Prop 8 and gay marriage, which could result in allowance of gay marriage in California but not the nation as a whole.
- Continuing this thread, here’s the full transcript of the Supreme Court’s oral arguments on Prop 8.
- Less car dependency and nixing parking space minimums: a look at how Arlington is avoiding D.C.’s traffic congestion.
- Take a gander at D.C.’s most iconic sandwiches. (Eater even mapped ‘em out for you! No excuses now.)
- What happens when you leave a police cruiser unlocked and running in SE? Someone steals it, of course.
- Craving a healthy burger ’round these parts? Washingtonian’s got five solid burger options (that aren’t too tough on your diet).
- If you’d like to help launch Forge Brew Works, a new independent brewery in Northern Virginia, you’ve only got one week left to donate.
- And lastly, Mount Vernon is using George Washington’s own recipe to make Rye Whiskey, then selling it for $95 a bottle. I’m all for it if it makes me this awesome: