Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- First off, you’ll be happy to know that we are fully committed to not discussing the RGIII decisions that happened yesterday, making this THE ONLY news round-up in DC without any Redskins coulda/woulda/shoulda pining. You’re welcome. Things we ARE into discussing:
- CLASS WARS: is D.C. more income-segregated than other major American cities? City Paper takes a look.
- Don’t light your house on fire: apparently that head cold that has been going around has struck a large number of DC firefighters too (Via NBC)
- #WeedUpdate: D.C. may soon be getting medical marijuana, but the standard sentences for getting caught with marijuana aren’t any closer to being changed (via The Examiner)
- Semi-related: MINDLESS PLEASURES, a baker’s dozen round-up of things to enjoy while NOT THINKING (Via Pandahead and, full disclosure, yours truly)
- A listicle you can actually use: 8 Great Street Performers not to miss in DC (Via BUZZFeed)
- Going record shopping with GWAR. NBD. (via DCist)
- Hot ticket: There is a Hilary Clinton Biopic int he works. (via Huffington Post)
- Maryland’s last standing dry town gets wet (with beer and wine) (via Washington Post)
- Skincare- Downton Abbey Style (via Refinery29)
till next time. send us tips etc at email@example.com