Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other DC media sources:
- President Obama just named TIME’s Person of the Year (again)!!
(Nadav Kander // TIME)
- In sadder news, Joey Belcher, owner of Sticky Rice and part-owner of both 1905 and Dangerously Delicious Pies, just passed away. Twitter rumors spread that there may have been violence involved but police have stated they are not investigating his death as a homicide. Joey was a large part of H Street culture and will be missed.
- Let’s try and lighten that load with a fun question: Just how accurate is Fallout 3′s capital wasteland compared to modern DC? Players and residents weight in.
- Maryland promises gay couples will be able to file joint state tax returns. Yes!
- In other Maryland news, a cat lady was just convicted of hoarding cats, causing dozens of felines unnecessary pain and suffering. No!
- In need of some winter style inspiration? Check out these recent DC street style snaps…
(Kate Hoffman // Refinery 29)
- And finally, another new year, another year older? D.C. beauty experts weigh in on the secrets to looking young.