Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- Kicking things off on an adorable and festive note, here’s Bo checking out this year’s White House Christmas ornaments:
- Newt Gingrinch will appear (by complete chance) on an episode of Parks and Recreation.
- Go behind the scenes of what’s it’s like crafting the presidential seal.
(Ron Blunt // Washingtonian)
- In other news, hire-a-car darling Uber is illegal almost everywhere, facing regulations in at least 15 major cities that would ruin the company’s business model.
- And in more transportation happenings, Mayor Gray is ordering emergency rulemaking to permit raising the speed limit to 35 MPH on Benning Road, NE, between Oklahoma Avenue and Kenilworth Avenue (DC 295). Through Gray’s actions, D.C. Department of Transportation will also raise the speed limit on DC 295 to 50 MPH.
- And finally, President Obama jokingly thanks Led Zeppelin for not trashing the White House like the rock stars they are.