Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- Happy Veterans Day! Local company Accenture is organizing a day of service to honor and help veterans. The day will involve approximately 1,500 employees helping more than 30 nonprofit organizations at nearly 40 project sites across the D.C. region.
- Who was the man behind Dupont Circle’s mysterious tunnel system in the 1920s? A new Washington Post column on the life of Harrison G. Dyar.
- Metro to issue Obama SmarTrip card for Inauguration.
- A new restaurant from Thai X-ing owner is slated to open on 9th St. NW in January. (Yesssssss.)
- Looking for vegan options? Here’s a solid round-up of some options around the Borderstan area.
- Fourteen adults-only classes around the DMV area to boost your creativity.
- A brief history of Leslie Knope’s love of Joe Biden.