Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- First off, a note from your friendly neighborhood Metro engineer:
- Metro is now allowing folding bikes during rush hour so, y’know, get your bikes and (metro) trains and possibly automobiles on (if you’re parked in a commuter lot somewhere; it was a longshot, I know, but I went for it anyway). (via WJLA)
- In more transportation news, here’s a DC Metro PSA:
- DC50 is holding an open casting call for local male and female models in Pentagon City this weekend. (via Huffington Post)
- Feel free to check out the National Zoo’s PANDA CAM and keep up with the adorable new Giant Panda cub, born yesterday.
- Mayor Gray just dedicated $490,000 for the design and redevelopment of NoMA parks! Sweet. (via Prince of Petworth)
- Aaaaaaand in your strange-as-f*ck religion news, Scientology just opened a new National Affairs Office in the Dupont Circle area. (via Washingtonian)