Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- We could not be more excited about “Parks and Rec” shooting here in DC, so of course we’re so thrilled to get some behind-the scenes footage and stills of Amy Poehler on shooting with John McCain, Barbara Boxer and Olympia Snowe. (via Huffington Post)
- According to one Philadelphia Daily News beer reporter, DC is leading the nation in brewery density. We’ll take it. (via Washington Post)
- Hank’s Oyster Bar of Dupont Circle will be back in (full-patio) business soon, reopening the closed half of their outdoor service. (via Borderstan)
- In need of some outdoor workout inspiration? Looking for some adventure not too close from the heart of the city? Refinery 29 is here to the rescue with 17 heart-pounding ways to get your thrill on, with everything from rock climbing to trapeze school.
(Refinery 29 // Go Ape)
- In outdoor-but-still-indoors-because-you’re-in-a-car news, Virginia is getting $52 million in federal transportation funds that other states didn’t use. (via WJLA)
- Check out last night’s $1,000 charity dinner at Rogue 24, complete with a nun, a chef, and two half-nude men. (via Washingtonian)
(Dakota Fine // Washingtonian)