Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- Check out this map of the Nation’s Triathalon route so as to avoid a total clusterf*ck of runners, traffic confused by runners, etc. (via WJLA)
- In terms of other route planning, note that all Red Line stations between Dupont and NOMA-Gallaudet will be closed from tonight (starting at 10:00pm) until Monday morning. There will, however, be a local shuttle service. (via Huffington Post)
- Speaking of Metro, here’s a tally of just how many of its service goals WMATA missed so far this year. (via Washington Examiner)
- Roughly 65,000 letters arrive at the White House each week. President Obama reads 10 a day. Washingtonian shares how those 10 land on his desk.
- If you love water and hate dogs, I strongly suggest you steer clear of the Upshur Pool and Francis Pools tomorrow, because it’s the 4th Annual Doggie Day Swim. So… that’s a thing. (via Prince of Petworth)
- What’s another way of measuring gun violence in DC? The number of men in wheelchairs. (via Washington Post)