Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- Mayor Gray made a case for statehood at the DNC, citing “justice and equality” for all. (via Washington Post) And In DC resident DNC fashion news…..
- “Seeing the First Lady in one of my designs was truly an extraordinary moment,” said Tracy Reese, designer of Michelle Obama’s DNC dress. “She evokes so much confidence, strength, and humility.” (via Refinery 29)
- And since we’re on a fashion roll, did you know Lady Gaga’s infamous meat dress is on display here in DC? You can catch the dress (now dried, preserved and painted to restore its original raw meat color) at the National Museum of Women in the Arts until January 6th. (via Huffington Post)
- Completely unrelated: the District’s special education programs have not been thoroughly checking their employees’ criminal backgrounds. (via Washington Examiner)
- DC health officials just reported 2012′s first West Nile death in the District. (via WJLA)
- Finally, check out this sweet photo of the Capitol as seen from the marshes in Anacostia (c. 1880s)