Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about.
- Hey, DC! Happy Labor Day wekend! Here’s a friendly reminder that Garbage and recycling pickup will not occur on Monday nor will parking regulations be enforced. (via Borderstan)
- Alexandria resident Otasowie Asuen has just been sentenced to nearly three years of jail time for his Craigslist prostitution ring involving more than 50 prostitues. (via WJLA)
- Hoo-rah! The construction on the Lincoln Memorial reflecting pool is finally completed, after a two-year, $34 million reconstruction. (via Huffington Post)
- The Columbia Heights flasher is still on the loose and is now–get this–masturbating in public. (via Prince of Petworth)
- Several recent studies show DC’s suburbs are the place to be (if you’re young, employed and single). (via Refinery 29)