Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- Before you set out for the weekend in a fit of no-work hazy happiness, check out these metro updates and plan ahead, as not one, not two but SIX metro stations will be closed for the next few days. (via Huffington Post)
- Amtrak has been spending an average of $1.70 for every $1.00 it gained from food and beverage revenue, resulting in a loss of $833.8 million over the last decade. Who’s paying for it? Taxpayers. (via The Examiner)
- Are you ready for some shopping, DC? Tomorrow is the District’s annual MidCity Dog Days sale; come on out and support local business at crazy discounts, dance, eat cheap and hear some great local music. Here’s a closer look at what you can expect. (via Borderstan)
- Ever wondered what it’s like setting up for a multi-million-dollar concert? The Washington Post takes you behind the scenes at the Verizon Center, setting up/striking J. Lo’s set for her recent tour with Enrique Iglesias.
- A hearty congratulations to Bethesda’s Katie Ledecky, who just won gold in the 800-meter freestyle at the Olympics today. (via WJLA)
- And finally, Eater just updated its “Heat Map.” Check out DC’s “it” places and the hottest spots to eat right now.