Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- Mayor Gray is very outspoken in his disdain for Chick-Fil-A, vetoing the chain’s DC expansion and calling it “hate chicken.” Well played. (via Washington Post)
- Hey, look at us go! According to Forbes, DC is the No. 2 Coolest City in the Country. …Though to be fair, we’re right behind Houston (the Coolest City in the Country??). (via Washingtonian)
- Ancestry.com just announced that President Obama is related to the first documented African slave in the American colonies.
- Meridian Hill (Malcolm X) Park is getting a facelift. Here’s a look at the progress (via Borderstan)…
(Luis Gomez Photos; @LuisGomezPhotos // Borderstan)
- And in somewhat terrifying news, there’s a reported smell throughout Metro, wafting through multiple stations at various points of the day–and Metro seems to have no idea what’s causing it. (via The Washington Examiner)
- Need some new reading material? Refinery 29′s got some of the hottest book recommendations from DC’s coolest bookworms.
- And last but certainly not least, check out this animation of Union Station’s proposed $7 billion dollar redesign. (via We Love DC)
New Union Station animations from Tom Bridge on Vimeo.