Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- Thousands of people from all over the country have traveled to DC, marching to raise AIDS awareness. Here’s an excellent slideshow from TBD/WJLA at some participants and their stories.
(Mike Conneen // WJLA)
- During yesterday’s AIDS march of a few hundred, 13 protestors were arrested at the White House. (via The Washington Examiner)
- According to a new poll just released by the Washington Post, a majority of DC residents believe Mayor Gray should resign.
- It’s still hot (so very hot). Cool off with this guide to DC’s best scoop shops! (via Refinery 29)
- A post I am all about: Secrets to Decor Hunting on Craigslist in DC, plus some current up-for-grabs items. (via Washingtonian)
- And finally, as you’ve probably heard, Weezer are playing the opening of a Microsoft store in Pentagon City next month. (Yeah, we’re hurtin’ too.) But there’s at least one person who believes this booking should be celebrated, and that person is Brandon Wetherbee. Huffington Post weighs in here.