Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t always write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- WELCOME TO YOUR ALL-STAR, PATRIOTIC SHORT WEEK. Celebrate freedom accordingly. Here’s a great, healthy way to cool off–try this recipe for red, white & blue popsicles made from fresh fruit, Greek yogurt and honey. (via Washingtonian)
(Ali Eaves // Washingtonian)
- On a less patriotic note with much more general woe and sadness, more than 400,000DMV-area residents are still without power. (via Washington Post)
- Here’s how the storm has affected (and will continue to affect) commuters. (via HuffPost DC)
- And (last bit of storm news, we promise) where exactly did the name Derecho come from? The Examiner’s got the explanation.
- Peruse D.C. real estate trends by price. (via We Love DC)
- And finally, take a look at BYT-beloved D.C. photographer Amber Mahoney’s instant photography project, Present Company. (via Refinery 29)