Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- In case you missed it (or caught it and didn’t know what the hell was going on), yesterday was National Skateboard Day, causing a totally gnarly flashmob/onslaught of skateboarders up and down 14th St. and U St. (via Prince of Petworth)
(via Prince of Petworth)
Oh hey, and here’s a video (via New Columbia Heights)
- It’s hot, you’re hungry, you cannot stand to wait in a long line to get some grub. Luckily, there are five places to dine out without the wait. (via Borderstan)
- Here’s a sneak peek of some new (fantastical) poster art for BART, by Owen Smith.
- Three D.C. schools just got caught changing 2011 standardized test results to more favorable answers. Of the District’s 38 schools, 20 others were flagged for some type of test violation. (via HuffPost DC)
- And if you’re heading out to Firefly, be sure to bring the ever-so-fashionable items in this essential shopping list. (via Refinery 29)