Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- Because we are all about free stuff, we’re kicking off today’s D.C. News with FREE boozy cupcakes tonight at Little Miss Whiskey’s from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, in celebration of the latest in Cruncakes flavors. Enjoy the “Brau Rickey” (a DC Brau Citizen lime cake with bourbon lime buttercream) and the “Fat Cat Biggie Smalls” (DC Brau Penn Quarter Porter chocolate cake filled with a salted bourbon caramel sauce). (via Washington City Paper)
- Silverdocs just announced its 2012 lineup! Get your movie on. (via Washingtonian)
- Get cash for narc-ing! If you have any tips about illegal firearms in Maryland, you can get up to a $1,000 reward. (via Prince of Petworth)
- If you’re a pedestrian in the District–and let’s face it, even if you’ve got a car, you do walk here–it’s official that crosswalks are the most dangerous places for both walkers and cyclists in the city. (via TBD)
- Washington City Paper has been live-blogging the Chuck Brown memorial service–check it out and catch up if you weren’t able to make it out there today.
- And lastly, the federal government just shut down 26 Chinatown bus companies due to safety violations and multiple crashes in New York and New Jersey. (via HuffPost DC)