Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- Kicking things off with a general Memorial Day FYI/reminder, there will be no parking enforcement (yussssss) and no garbage removal/recycling service on Monday. (via Borderstan)
- And if you’re looking for brains, search no further; there’ll be a game of Humans vs. Zombies nerf gun war at Fort Reno tomorrow afternoon.
- Godfather of Go-Go Chuck Brown’s public viewing will be held Tuesday, May 29 at The Howard Theatre from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; his memorial service will occur next Thursday at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center from noon to 3 p.m.. (via Washington City Paper)
- To keep your time off running smoothly, here’s a full rundown of Metro’s schedule modifications for the holiday weekend. (via DCist)
- Escape the heat with this homebrew recipe for a classic American pilsner. (via We Love DC)
- And finally, our former mayor Marion Barry continues to caricature-ize himself with a continuous stream of racist statements–yesterday Barry met with Asian-American leaders to apologize for his racially insensitive comments, yet managed to use the word “Polacks;” the Polish American Association has requested an apology. (via HuffPost DC)