Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- We’re expected to get a high of 85 degrees in D.C. today, but don’t get used to it because the Weather Service is expecting that those temperatures will drop during the week. (via Examiner)
- Looking for a yummy freebie to cool you? The Ben & Jerry’s truck will be passing out free ice cream across the district until May 11. (via D.C. Eater)
- Excited for the Shuttle flyover tomorrow? We Love DC shares the best places to watch the flyby.
- As if H St NE wasn’t awesome enough, a locally-sourced, customizable, one-size-fits-all, made-to-order gourmet pizzeria will be opening up in June! (via Washington City Paper)
- Have $50,000 laying around? For just a contribution in that amount could land you a position as a “Founding Member” of Romney Victor and exclusive access to his “first Presidential Inaugural retreat.” (Wait, doesn’t he have to win first before he gets inaugurated?) (via Wonkette)
- We have some mighty fashionable people here in the District. A lot of whom you may have missed at last week’s fifth Fashion District event. No worries, we recapped the night with some awesome photos.
- Cleaning out your closet and coming across the dilemma of finding items that you don’t wear anymore? Bring it to the Swap & Sip event on Thursday hosted by SNOBSWAP. (via Refinery DC)