Thievery Corporation’s show at Kastles Stadium this Saturday promises to have nonstop audio and visual treats, and we figured it’s as good of an opportunity as any to revisit our CORNUCOPIA of Thievery coverage over the years, so you can do your homework before catching them live and then stopping by our afterparty for them @ The W.
SO-HERE WE GO, in photos and words:
- In February 2010 we did a “ASK THIEVERY ANYTHING” reader’s choice interview with Rob (which is the 2nd time we interviewed him, the first time being in 2007)
- We’ve covered them live @ 930 club pretty much every single time since we’ve been around
- In September 2010, we stopped by the ESL townhouse in Adams Morgan for a chat with Eric Hilton, where we talked movies, festivals, local heroes and more.
- and naturally, we’ll be there on Saturday to continue our hot Thievery coverage streak
DETAILS of the show:
- THIEVERY CORPORATION Live
- w/ The Arkives • The Funk Ark • Volta Bureau (DJ Set)
- @ Kastles Stadium at the Wharf • Washington, D.C.
- Saturday, August 20
- 5pm Gates
Oh, and if you get hundry, we have it on good authority that the following Food Trucks will be there: PORC • DC Empanadas • Fojol Bros. of Merlindia • DC Pie Truck • The Big Cheese and more!
- + of course, the afterparty