Here at BYT we have a couple bands that we’ll go see every single time they come to town and never get sick of them. Indie rock party band and DC natives The Dance Party and nasty-to-the-core dance funk rap duo Wallpaper happen to be two of those bands and they happen to both be playing 9:30 Club this Friday (1/7/2011). The Dance Party stole the show at our recent NYE party and Wallpaper remixed Das Racist’s Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell which may be the greatest song of all time, so for those two reasons alone you should go see them. But also both of these bands are super handsome too (watch out ladies!). It’s a total win-win situation. We decided instead of interviewing them for the 20th time, we’d let them interview each other. The retardedness that follows is what happened:
1. in what kind of party environment do you feel you thrive the most? some traditional parties may be keggers, raves, or brodowns.
In different party habitats a dude must adapt to his surroundings. For example no sexy shirts at a bro down. Maybe no sexy shirts ever? I tend to creep solo into most situations and awkwardly lurk around until a desperate chick strike up convo with me then its on. I give looks but I give no fucks.
2. what must the average partier need to know in order to sleep with someone he or she just met at the party that night?
It boils down to a few things. A) You gonna tweet we fucked? B) You gonna get a crush on me and start callin me? C) You got diseases? D) Can you scrub em out right quick?
3. which wallpaper song brings it all home and why?
#STUPiDFACEDD brings it all home AND why. The beat slaps which encourage butt slaps. The lyric is raw which encourage raw activity. But mostly its about being a real bozo and we can all preciate / relate that.
4. after you rock a show, what’s the best way to maintain positive groupie relations amongst contending factions?
Easy. Let em all come along.
5. if your party status could be accurately voiced through a lyric in the popular music canon, what would be the lyric?
“married to the money. fuck the word. that’s adultery.” -Lil Wayne from 6 Foot 7 Foot
1. What is the best album to have a total sex out to and why?
prob that sugar ray record so you can get it in real quick with the “iiiiii just wanna fly” hit and then pass out on the terrible shit on the rest of the record which would set up for the standard groupie morning sesh (nice guy). or if gf additional middle of the night sesh
followed by morning sesh.
2. What is the weirdest FB status update you’ve had in the last few months?
i prefer myspace but sometimes young women tag me in pictures where i am unawares of my surroundings.
3. As a DC native, do you still fuck with Ben’s Chili Bowl?
only tourists fuck with that. you get diseases and SARS and shit in there. check out fuddruckers next time ur in town.
4. When are you gonna get a new car?
you ever take the bus from santa monica to silverlake? didn’t think so – apology accepted.
5. Choose an NBA player to cook dinner with and a TV personality to play basketball with. Explain your reasoning.
i’m gonna raise you a nickel and go with the WNBAs diana taurasi cuz she straight KEEPS failing drug tests so you know she’s cookin. prob that blonde cougar from the zombie show. im a beast so i’ll teach her how to play and get all patrick swayze (rip) in ghost all close up showing her how and get my friction on etc.