This week’s BEST WEEKEND BETS is, as always, hand selected from BYT ALL CITY and calibrated for maximum fun and minimum stress, and will be punctuated by some of our favorite vintage BYT photography courtesy of: Chris Chen, Dakota Fine, Bao Nguyen, Fitsum Belay, Pat Jarret and Lexie Moreland. You’re in for a treat:
Thursday (Libby’s Picks)
- Today is day 1 of the food truck glutton fest that is the Curbside Cook-off- stuff your grill with korean bbq, cupcakes, and tikka masala dishes int he old convention center parking lot.
- Witness Serena Maneesh and Wovenhand’s wall of sound at DC9
- DUBNATION brings UK dubstep to U St Music Hall through super producer John B.
- Crush some vegan chili fries and bounce to hip hop trio Tanya Morgan with Exile at Asylum.
Friday (Libby’s Picks)
- Lucky for you, the Curbside Cook-off is a 2-day long event, so come back tuff your grill with korean bbq, cupcakes, and tikka masala dishes int he old convention center parking lot.
- It shocks me that Bob Saget’s Warner Theater show hasn’t sold out yet.
- Homo Hotel Happy Hour celebrates its 3 year anniversary at the Donovan Hotel and then help fight teen suicide in the LGBTQ community at 18th & U Duplex Diner.
- Built To Spill plays a sold out 930 club.
- Delphic stops by DC9 for Liberation Dance Party. Things get both sophisticated AND danceable.
- Sparked Heart presents Modern Man and The Jean Marie (Philly/Miami) at the Velvet Lounge this Friday followed by DJ sets from BROADS and Bill Todd. Things turn messy.
Saturday (Svetlana’s Picks)
- Ok, we’ve spent the whole week hypin gyou up about our BURST! party but by now the Post Express, Washington City Paper, Washington Post, TBD and everyone else should have joined in on the hype so lets keep this simple:
- Continue the tradition of stuffing your face on the streets of DC this weekend by checking out the Taste of Georgetown
- Then at 6pm, NERD OUT at Nerd Night
- Then go hop on the free school bus we have chartered from Dupont to Artisphere and spend 20 bucks on the best night you’ll have this fall: BURST features: Deep Sugar & Ultra Nate, Chris Burns, open PBR & wine bar till you drink it all, free vitaminwater, Make Out facilities, a very speshel Family hemerlein and more. GET THOSE GODDAMN TICKETS HERE.
- I am sure there is other stuff going on on Saturday, but all of it happens every month and BURST happens only once.
Sunday (Svetlana’s Picks)
There are no BYT sponsored events this Sunday (thank God!) so check out the following completely awesome choices:
- We Were Promised Jetpacks should be pretty super famous by now so embrace the fact that you can still see them at a small space like RNR Hotel tonight
- FETISH WEEKEND CULMINATES IN FETISH BALL AT ULTRA BAR (nothing goes better with pleather than leather)
- And K’naan re-affirms everyone’s life @ 930 club
- PLUS, you know, SUNDAY NIGHT TELEVISION!