It’s here. This weekend. IT’S PRIDE!!!! And we have a full rundown of everything we you need to know…
…to have a Kiki. (click for some musical accompaniment)
- Friday night we’ve teamed up with Capital Pride to to throw our most amazing party yet. We’ve got Amanda Lepore and JD Samson and Big/Bright and Miss Summer Camp and SO MUCH MORE (some really special surprises up our seleeves…) all at the newly renovated Howard Theatre but here’s the thing: IT IS ABOUT TO SELL OUT. No joke. If you want to come, get yer tickets.
- PS, did you see this article the Washington Blade just posted about the secret gay history of the Howard?
- Your Saturday night could get a whole lot better if you get the new LinePass from our besties over at Capital Pride. It’ll work at our party and although it won’t get you in, it’ll let you skip to the front of the line. They’re $20 and the money goes to keeping Pride amazing.
- This little pony denotes OFFICIAL CAPITAL PRIDE EVENTS! Look how we did that.
Now…PREPARE FOR PRIDE!
- Kick the night off with our only partially scandal-touched Mayor as he panders to our political concerns!
- For the ladies, Pride is hosting a Women’s Networking Happy Hour.
- We’ve been sad to see Homo Hotel Happy Hour go unobserved the last few months, so it’s great to see it return for Pride! Plus they’re giving away some JetBlue tickets, and it’s at the always-nice Hinckley Hilton.
- DC Latino Pride celebrates their annual La Fiesta.
- While not explicitly a queer party, Jet Set at Zeba Bar has been damn queer of late.
- BUT LET’S GET REAL: Everyone’s going to go straight from 4H to the Duplex Diner and end up making out with their first mistake of Pride at Cobalt. Just sayin’.
- Last reminder ever: hope you have tickets to live the WildLife with us. Here are some of the animals we got for you!!!
Just in case, here are some other options!
- Go the low-key route and see the EXCELLENT and very gay production of The Bacchae at the Artisphere.
- We hear lots of ladies are going to head from our party to Booty.Rex at Chief Ike’s.
- Clearly the main attraction today is the PARADE. But the real question is: what are you doing before and after? Here’s our guide to the public parties, but believe me when I say that house parties are the place to be.
- Our pal Timur Tuberk takes you out to sea ON A BOAT.
- JR’s hosts the official parade beer garden.
- If you like ‘em queer and Jewish, there’s a happy hour at Number Nine.
- We are SO EXCITED that MIXTAPE is returning to Pride for the first time in a few years and it’s going to be at the Black Cat so basically we’re ready to burst. This is going to be GREAT.
- The official Women’s Party is FUSE at Phase 1 of Dupont.
- Cleanse the sins of last night.
- Every year I say I’m not going to go to the street festival, and then every year I do. It’s one of the biggest in the country and yeah it feels like a county fair BUT – let me tell you a story. It was the height of the Bush administration and this little BYGay was celebrating his very first DC Pride and definitely not drinking illegally despite being the tender age of 19. And when he stood there on Pennsylvania Avenue with the stage framing the United States Capitol in the background…well, let’s just say it put a lot in perspective. So get out there. Show your pride. We’ve had a FANTASTIC year in gay. It’s time to celebrate.
- The Annual DC Kings Pride Show at Phase 1 should be awesome. Fake mustache rides for everyone!
- If you haven’t got work on Monday (or if you do…), there’s a festival afterparty at Cobalt.
Then, we ride off into the sunset. See you next year. And remember, slather on the sunscreen or you’ll end up like this: